Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Chain Saw Chain - Number of Teeth?

On Mar 17, 11:53*pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
I went to the Borg to get a new chain for my 16" chain saw.

Is there not a saw shop in your town? *Those guys make a living dealing with
saws, and making up a chain loop puts the food on their family's table.

As an added bonus, they are usually a lot cheaper than the big box store,
and they will sell you the right file you need to resharpen your chain, too.
If you are nice, and they are not too busy, they will be happy to show you
how to do this.

So do yourself and your local community a favor and spend your money with a
local business; you'll get better service and save yourself some money.

Jon

I agree with the theory behind your post, but timing is everything.

I've got to get some stuff cut today (Sunday) and no saw shops were
open at 8:30 on Saturday night.

Besides, the $15.97 I spent on the chain (which I am going to ruin
today) isn't something I think a saw shop will beat price wise. I'm
sure I'd get a better quality chain, but I doubt it'll be under $16.

The job at hand is to cut a couple of small stumps (10") down to
ground level or below. I know that the chain is going to be in the
dirt (I did one yesterday) so I don't mind ruining a $16 chain. Once
this job is complete and I have more time, I'll stop by a saw shop and
do the right thing.