Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default If Scotland gets independence

Doctor Drivel wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Doctor Drivel wrote
jgharston wrote
Doctor Drivel wrote

http://www.landvaluetax.org/frequent...why-lvt-cannot...
Why LVT cannot be passed on.

Nope. As a landlord I can chose to charge £400 a month, and the
tenant pay the &85 council tax (local property tax), or I can chose
to charge £485 a month and *I* pay the council tax. In either
case, the tenant is paying £485 a month to occupy the property.

Read what I posted.

No point, what you posted is drivel. Unsurprisingly.

LVT cannot be passed on.

Mindlessly silly.

There must a lot of economists who are fools around then - a whole raft of professors are below.

Usual stupid academics who havent got a ****ing clue.

Have fun actually explaining why, when an LVT is introduced, the
landlords cant just jack up the rents so that the renter pays the LVT.

Since the LVT applys to all landlords, the renters cant
even just move to a landlord who doesnt pass on the LVT.

And we KNOW that in Australia, which has had an LVT for more
than a century now, that landlords do in fact pass on the LVT,
regardless of what some stupid academic claims isnt possible.

The land lord charges what the market will bare - as he does right now.

Yes, but when a new LVT is introduced, and all landlords pass it on
to their renters, as they will certainly do because they arent going to
just accept the fact that the amount that ends up in their pockes will
drop if they dont, the renters get to like that or lump it because ALL
the landlords will be doing that.

The level that will be passed on is small.

Easy to claim. Have fun actually stubstantiating that claim.

If LVT is introduced and he raises the rent then it implies
he was not charging the highest rent he can get

It implys nothing of the sort when a new LVT is introduced.

- which does not happen. It hasn't anywhere that a LVT has been introduced.

That is a bare faced pig ignorant lie. That is precisely what happens
in Australia which has had an LVT for more than a century now, the
renters pay the LVT because otherwise the landlord would not get
the return they want on what they are renting.

Read Winston Churchill on it.

**** Churchill. That fool damned near bankrupted Britain when he
was stupid enough to return to the gold standard at the wrong price.

And produced countless corpses with his terminal stupidity of Gallipoli.

All the rest of your drivel you have posted more than once flushed where it belongs.