Bob Davis

Default Grizzly 6" Jointer Experience

"Pradeep Gupta" wrote in message
. com...
I fully agree with you, now (with some tinkering, as you said) it is a

good
machine with a significantly lower price. I wonder though, don't other

brand
machines require the same amount of tinkering?

I know I paid more and bought from a local dealer, so I hopefully could
expect more. I bought the 6" powermatic jointer (the one with the 66"
table). Assembly consisted of installing the table on the base, installing
the fence on the table, and tensioning the belt. Basically, I used it out of
the box. I don't see how any manufacturer could ship a big heavy tool like
this with factory settings and hope they stay set. But that was my
experience.

Bob