Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Must see 1940s color photos- with metalworking

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 09:18:31 -0400, "ATP"
wrote:

wgaf wrote in message ...
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 09:16:25 -0700 (PDT), Dave__67
wrote:

Some aircraft assembly, a RR forge, and miss scrap metal posing draped
in swarf (that one made me cringe a bit, hope they pulled it off her
carefully).

http://pavel-kosenko.livejournal.com...hread=22669914

Dave

there is nothing better than real film for photography, thanks for posting
those

Excellent photos, but I think mostly due to artful lighting, good framing,
etc.. They had to be scanned in to show on the web, so I'm not sure you can
attribute the quality to real film as opposed to digital, especially
compared to the current digital standards for professional photography.

The look of those 4x5 Kodachromes is magnificent. The old Time-Life
series of photography books reproduced some of them, and they look
like you're right there in the photo.

When I worked in NYC I used to visit the Nikon gallery on my lunch
hour every couple of weeks, where they changed the exhibit frequently.
One of them was all big dye-transfer fashion prints made from 4x5
Kodachromes and Ektachromes, mostly from the late '40s. I could look
at them all day.

--
Ed Huntress