Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Apprentices must really like bollockings

ARWadsworth wrote
Rod Speed wrote
dennis@home wrote
Jethro wrote

My brother started off once, while I was still putting my seatbelt
on. He'd got to about 10mph, and had to really slam the anchors
on for some reason. Because I was looking down, and unprepared I went straight into the screen, and had a wonderful
duck egg for
weeks. I was amazed at how much force was involved. If it had
happened at 30, I'm sure I would have gone through the screen.

Just think what would happen if the air bag went off, you would be
dead now. Air bags make it safer *if* you are seated correctly and
kill you if you are leaning down.

He said looking down, not leaning down.

You dont die if you are looking down and the bag goes off.

According to dennis you should die for doing 31mph in a 30mph speed limit area.

Just as well he cant see me tearing around the garage/yard sales
at 7am when there arent likely to be too many cops around.

He'd likely burst a blood vessel or sumfin.

We now have a stupid 50Kmh limit and I never
observe that unless there is a cop car behind me etc.