Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Must see 1940s color photos- with metalworking

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 08:08:37 -0400, wgaf wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 09:16:25 -0700 (PDT), Dave__67
wrote:

Some aircraft assembly, a RR forge, and miss scrap metal posing draped
in swarf (that one made me cringe a bit, hope they pulled it off her
carefully).

http://pavel-kosenko.livejournal.com...hread=22669914

Dave

there is nothing better than real film for photography,

Good digital cameras are quite close. (And please note that you said
that -after- seeing a -digital- representation of a film photo. g)
I was in Barnes and Noble the other day to look at Nooks. The fashion
mags take really high-resolution digital photos and the Nook can
display them at higher than hi-def rez. The look is flawless on
close-up shots of faces in the makeup ads. See for yourself.
I can't see spending $250 on a little screen like that, though.

thanks for posting those

Ditto. Did anyone else notice that nobody had hearing protectors,
even the riveters and steam drop hammer operators at the forge?

Dad flew one of those B-25s. He was shot down over France and taken
into a German concentration camp. He came out sixty pounds lighter
ten months later when the Russian tanks knocked down the fences.

--
The greatest justice in life is that your
vision and looks tend to go simultaneously.