Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default How much are you really paying for electricity?

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:34:49 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Tell that to the crew that is replacing a half dozen or so poles in my
neighborhood.

I've got 2 ploes in front of my house right now...new and old. Next
week they'll be transferring the wires.

I hop you don't have the same crew that did the pole in front of my
house. They came out and measure, marked and had all sort of painted
line and arrows. Then they proceeded to drill right into my sewer
line. Planted the pole and left. It was only a portion of the line
so I had some flow and it took weeks for the backup to happen.

Did they repair it? No, I had to have it done and put in a claim for
the $3500 job.

The only downside is that they cut a huge "U" into a very old pine
tree at the end of the street to open it up for the wires. Someone,
many years ago, had strapped 2 x 4's to the wires where they ran
through the tree so that the wood rested on the branches, not the
wires. Those supports will no longer be needed since the tree crew
removed all of the branches on the inside the tree so that wires hang
free.

Can you say butt-ugly?

Sure, but the tree probably should have just been taken down. One of
the problems we have in CT is the tree huggers don't want radical
trimming. They'd rather complain that the power is out and no one came
to fix it yet.