Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pockets in Al plate update

The job went well. It would have been a breeze with a CNC mill! I used a
3/4" center cutting endmill plunged into the center then did a "X" and "Y"
feed close to the OD and a square pattern using the DRO. After doing this
to all 35 pockets I finished the ODs with a boring bar in a boring head.
This job would have been hell without the DRO.

It would be nice to have a CNC mill but I do so very few jobs that a CNC
would shine that I just can't justify it. Besides, doesn't a CNC setup make
it difficult to use the mill in manual mode?