Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Gasoline to cool your cans of soda

John B. wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:20:42 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:01:28 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 09:45:56 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I was talking to a military man, a day or two ago. He tells me that at the
beach, you can cool your soda by digging into the sand. Put the cans down a
foot or so. Fill the hole back in. Pour some gasoline onto the sand, and
light it off. When the gasoline finishes burning, dig it up, and the cans
will be cold.

Anyone tried this?
What? He didn't tell you how to open a can of beer with a dab of C4?
Or about chewing it when you run out of chewing gum?don't try this!
It is a joke.
Did he tell you about the reeup lizard and the ****you
bird in Nam?
g No. Frankly, he grew a little strange after the second time he was
shot out of a tree. His job was to shoot the Chinese advisors at the
head or the rear of Viet Cong patrols. They shot back.

A very gregarious kid, he became quiet and reclusive after his stint
in the Marines. (Metal content: His sniper rifle was a Remington 700
in 7.62 NATO)

I'd like to hear more about the lizard and the bird, though.

They got their names from the noise/call they made.

The ****you lizard (AKA - Tokay Gecko) makes a sound like that sounds
sort of like **** you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_KvdeQkm1E0

The Re - up bird (Blue-eared Barbet) has a call that sounds like it is
asking REEE-UP?

Department of useless information:

Living in the land of the Tokay and the Gecko (chinlit) I can assure
you that it is not a "Tokay Gecko". They are two different species.
the Gecko eats bugs and the Tokay eats geckos, small birds and fingers
if you get too close. They look like a miniature alligator. A Gecko
doesn't have teeth.

--
Cheers,

John B.