Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much are you really paying for electricity?

On Mar 16, 11:46*am, Joe wrote:
Deregulation spawned a lot of suppliers that are buying in bulk from
the same people that used to supply us, re-sell the same power we used
to buy and skim off millions of dollars that should be savings in our
pockets.

These so called power companies are just a desk, phone, and computer
and a big bank account with our money.

Aw, those republicans are always out to let market forces reduce our cost of
living, aren't they?- Hide quoted text -

30 years ago, the local electric company had a highly skilled staff of
maintenance people that worked year round trimming trees back from power
lines and maintaining the lines as well. Power outages were maybe once
every 5 years, if that, and short in duration when they did happen.

With deregulation, the power company had to trim back their workforce
to a skeleton crew. There has been so much cost cutting locally that
line maintenance is almost nonexistant. Power outages caused by storms
are frequent and typically last 48 hours or so.

The bottom line is that any money I might have saved on my electric
bill, I've had to spend triple that running a generator.

**** deregulation! Put it back the way it was.

It would be rare indeed for the delivery portion of
an electric utility to be deregulated. I'll bet that the
company you're complaining about is still a regulated
utility.