Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do lighters explode in a fire?

I rather doubt this. Lighter doesn't have enough power to blow a leg off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtDvXF8ile8
Mythbusters examined this, also. Clothes dryers don't do it, either.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

I also saw a guy in the hospital with one leg--- a bit of slag from
welding had landed on the lighter in his pocket and exploded. His
joke was - 'I'm a lucky guy- only got one leg, but I've still got both
balls.'

This was a loud blast, even where I was which was several hundred feet
away.

I'd guess the lighter- doubtful you could get it *completely* empty.

Jim