Posted to rec.woodworking

Default California Considers Tougher Safety Standards for Tablesaws

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

I HATE those spill proof gas cans and it seems a few years ago those
showed up and nothing else is available any longer. I do spill more
now than I did. The spout is absolutely too short to be of any good.
I partially fixed one of its problems by disabling the lock lever you
have to depress in order to open the valve.

The ill thought POS would be 100 times better if it had a 12" flexible
spout.

The ones I got had a detachable flexible hose, but it really didn't do
very much good. It might work for smaller cans, but the big 5 gallon
ones are just too heavy for it to be useful.

One can company had a "venting spout" design that barely worked before
this non-sense spill-proof stuff. It only worked if the can was at just
the right angle, and you didn't move it...

Whatever happened to a can that's stable in its normal position (so it's
hard to knock over), with a open spout and a vent hole on the back? Was
the design just too good? Sure, I spilled quite a bit with those cans,
but that was because the gas tank on the mower was opaque.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.