Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much are you really paying for electricity?

On Mar 15, 11:10*pm, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" atlas-
wrote:
In article ,
*Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 08:43:14 -0400, George
wrote:

We have competition here in PA but it didn't amount to anything since
all of the "competitors" didn't produce electricity and were simply
buying it from our electric utility who has huge excess capacity.

Basically a half dozen resellers popped up and annoyed the crap out of
everyone with constant phone calls with pitches of very minor short term
savings. Just yesterday we got a form letter from the local electric
utility. It is still disingenuous because it is opt out but the letter
stated "we are now required to give you written opportunity to ask us
not to release your contact information to other suppliers"

Deregulation spawned a lot of suppliers that are buying in bulk from
the same people that used to supply us, re-sell the same power we used
to buy and skim off millions of dollars that should be savings in our
pockets.

These so called power companies are just a desk, phone, and computer
and a big bank account with our money.

Aw, those republicans are always out to let market forces reduce our cost of
living, aren't they?- Hide quoted text -

Yes, because it's proven to work, as anyone who has taken even a basic
course in economics knows. Even the libs who have studied economics
know it. But they pretend, because they have ulterior motives.