Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT - Food for a year

On Mar 15, 9:39*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 3/15/2012 3:56 PM, HeyBub wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Heck, I forgot about Executive Orders but can those be struck down by
the courts? The Congress still has the power of the purse unless The
President can somehow get around that. o_O

Yep. Teddy Roosevelt wanted to send the U.S. Navy on an "around the world"
voyage to demonstrate U.S. naval ability. The Congress balked and would not
appropriate the money.

Roosevelt said: "I've got enough money to send them HALF way around the
world! Let's see if the Congress will pay to get them home."

I remember reading about that little stunt with The Navy. ^_^

TDD

Tch. What a stupid idea.
The British Empire was able to do that on a regular basis hundreds of
years before. In the days of sail and even coal.