Gregg Germain

Default this ought to get everybody fired up....

mel wrote:
: "Proselytize" is a good word and one I'll accept. "Admittedly" is also one
: that I'll not only accept but embrace. I'm not ashamed of this thread nor
: where it's led. Your use of the word "ploy" contradicts the "admittedly"
: implication does it not?

It does not. The words apply to two different statements of yours.

The word "ploy" relates to your pretense that the topic is about
table construction.

The "admittedly" relates to yoru clearly admitted attempt to
prosyletize.

: Here... just for you...

: I willingly admit that I initiated a thread in rec.woodworking with an "on
: topical" query about a table, and the techniques that may have been used in
: it's construction, from a controversial movie depicting of the crucifixion
: of Jesus , knowing full well that the subject matter of replied posts would
: quickly deviate from wood working to religion.

Not only did you know it would quickly deviate - you admit fully
that you WANTED it to deviate.

: I not only initiated but
: welcomed the opportunity to share a belief I hold dear in a public forum in
: hopes that someone else may willingly decide to hold dear the same belief.

Amusing - you use and now twice ADMIT that you used - a facade, a
ploy, almost-but-not-quite a lie, to try and preach what you
consider to be the truth.

The hypocrisy is astonishing.

: 2000+ years and civilization still wants to make this into something to
: which an accusation can be formed out of...

20 seconds analysis of your starting note displayed hypocrisy - has
nothing to do with religion.

: My how we've grown...

Well some of us have. Others need to do a lot of honest self-analysis

--

--- Gregg
"Improvise, adapt, overcome."

Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics