Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default Reversed flow and return to radiator

On 15/03/2012 01:34, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
Someone was telling me that it's important to connect the flow and
return to the right ends of a radiator. But I cannot see a problem in
water running the wrong way.

Nope.
Just check the radiator valve is bi-directional.
Whether the TRV is on one end or the other doesn't matter, in my mind
it's more important to have it closer to the centre or the room (rather
than in a corner or behind a wardrobe etc.

When I reversed the whole flow/return of my radiator circuit due to
messy connections in the airing cupboard I only had to change one
straight-connection TRV around all the rest were flow either way.

If you had radiators connected top in bottom out then there might be a
little more reason but bottom in bottom out makes it either way.

Cheers
Pete

--
http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk - Fitness+Gym Equipment.