Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT good deals in a bad economy

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 17:00:24 -0700, "Bob F" wrote:

wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 15:09:31 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 21:07:41 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

"googler" wrote in :

I have never gotten as good as deals as I do in this day & age.

I needed a set of tires for my truck, told someone who was looking
for work. They got me 4 brand new tires on rims delivered to my
garage for $40.00

Mentioned I could use a newer zero turn mower. Got a slightly used
Scag delivered to my garage for $500. I priced one of these out,
was over $8K.

I've gotten numerous expensive items, at a fraction of the cost.

And I bet it never occurred to you to ask if those were stolen...

I thought the same exact thing. (Hotter than a Georgia Firecracker).

OP likely never received manuals, documents, etc., with the mower.

But it did come with a half-tank of gas and a warm engine.

That would be a "hot" engine.

The whole thing is "hot". The engine is only warm. ;-)