Posted to alt.home.repair
Duesenberg Duesenberg is offline

Default OT good deals in a bad economy

On 3/14/2012 6:09 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 21:07:41 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

wrote in :

I have never gotten as good as deals as I do in this day& age.

I needed a set of tires for my truck, told someone who was looking for
work. They got me 4 brand new tires on rims delivered to my garage for
$40.00

Mentioned I could use a newer zero turn mower. Got a slightly used Scag
delivered to my garage for $500. I priced one of these out, was over $8K.

I've gotten numerous expensive items, at a fraction of the cost.

And I bet it never occurred to you to ask if those were stolen...

I thought the same exact thing. (Hotter than a Georgia Firecracker).

OP likely never received manuals, documents, etc., with the mower.

My first thought was stolen as well. For that good of a price.

I just sold 2 tires for 20 dollars that have 40 000 Km (25 000 miles
maybe) left but I told people that I had to clear junk out of my garage
cause I have renovations to do and was firesaling everything. I got
about 10 emails on the first day, a few from a couple of hours out of town.

I didn't want people think I was stealing then selling.

But $40 for a set of four truck tires on rims, that's hot, must be.