Rick Dipper

Default New Kitchen: Flooring b4 units or units b4 flooring?

I always answer this with a question, which will be there longer, the units of the floor cover. The one that will be there longer goes in first.

Rick

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 08:55:20 +0100, "Vortex" wrote:
Hi,

I'm installing a new kitchen in my home. The room is completely empty.
Cabling, plumbing and drainage are in place.

The floor is good condition timber boarding (60's). Floorcovering will be
vinyl (roll) on hardboard.

Q. I have the option to install the floorcovering either before, or after
the kitchen units but have had conflicting advice from floorcovering people.

What is normal practice? (if indeed there is a normal practice). My
inclination is to take the floorcovering to the walls in all directions,
then install the kitchen above.

David.

ps. future access to underfloor services is not an issue.