Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Rubber belting, where to buy (USA), etc

On Mar 10, 6:53*pm, John Doe wrote:
Search results produce search results within search results.

Where to buy round rubber belting online? So far, I have one or
two possibilities, McMaster-Carr and Cadence Supply Company.

Also. How can you tell the minimum pulley outer diameter of a
rubber belt? McMaster-Carr says that their 3/16 inch rubber belts
have a minimum pulley diameter of 1 1/2 inches. Is there some
rule, like a belt that is twice as thick requires a pulley that is
twice as wide?

Any other information about rubber belting is appreciated. Like
resources for gluing the ends together. I will check YouTube.

Thanks.

Watch out for operation around electronic air cleaners. The ozone
crumbles susceptible belts in a matter of months.

From memory neoprene based lasted longer, like in automotive belts,
etc. The imported types used in VCR's etc were the worst.