Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 04:57:46 GMT, lid
(Windmill) wrote:

Adrian C writes:

Probably pales into insignificance compared to a PDP8, but I did once
throw a few bits of 6800 series around a 6809, 74 logic and static ram
chips, wirewrap the whole thing on a eurocard, burn an eprom and get a
monitor going. Then I wrote a terminal program on my BBC micro to talk
to it, and completely missed the objectives of my final year college
project I was building it for.

Now I've got a few 486SX chips floating around the workshop. Maybe I
should wirewrap one of those up into something that runs. Or maybe not.

Got a bad bad past history of building and assembling computers and then
finding absolutely no use for them once running. Sat in this room with,
oh (quick count), 10 of them around me.

For me nowadays, it's a matter of collecting old PCs thrown out onto
the street (by people who don't want to pay the Council to pick them
up, maybe) and occasionally resuscitating one to run something
diffferent like W95, OpenBSD, or a largely home-grown Linux version.

I've got several like this, all missing hard disks.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?