Posted to sci.electronics.repair
klem kedidelhopper klem kedidelhopper is offline

Default Sony flat screen four blink code question

On Mar 13, 1:03*pm, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:40:58 AM UTC-4, klem kedidelhopper wrote:
This is my son's set. It was given to him about six months ago by
someone who didn't know what the four links most likely meant. I
removed the fan, disassembled it, cleaned the shaft and bushing with
isopropyl and relubricated it with a small amount of ATF,
(transmission oil). It has been fine until recently when it started
sporadically shutting down again with a four blink code. So I'm going
to investigate it again. I know that I can purchase a new fan, however
I just thought that maybe a different lubricant, one that doesn't get
sticky when subjected to high temperature is what I need. Has anyone
done this successfully? Thanks, Lenny

Realize that the blink code only indicates an airflow problems that may or may not be the fan itself. *Clean the entire area including the air "tunnels". *There are flow sensors around that can trip this error as well. *Basically, clean the entire area with a vacuum or compresed air. *Also, this error condition can occur if the cover switch is not completely compressed. *Verify that the access door is completely closed and secure.

Dan

Thanks for the tip Dan. We're going to look at it tonight. Lenny