Posted to uk.d-i-y
Windmill[_3_] Windmill[_3_] is offline

Default If Scotland gets independence

"Doctor Drivel" writes:

The city of Liverpool had a new tram system designed and ready to go. The
lines were delivered and in storage. £70 million had been spent on design,
consutancy and materials. London got the Olympics and the tram system was
cancelled by HMG soon after on a trumped up excuse to save the rest of the
tram money.

That saved them at least 700 million, if Edinburgh's bad example is
anything to go by (and it'll be over a billion by the time it's done;
I'd even place a bet on that, and I'm not a betting man).

Then Crossrail was accelerated and improved and another lane on the M1
causing chaos - for the Olympics. These infrastructure improvements will
bring great economic benefit to London.

Cities elsewhere are livid as they getting sweet nothing. Well something,
they decided to electrify the Liverpool-Manchester line, the oldest
inter-city passenger line in the world after 180 years. Not a new line,
just electric trains instead of diesel.

It's pathetic. It has promoted London yet again, and will improve its
economy, at the expense of the rest of the country.

Happens almost everywhere, unfortunately. The capital gets the gravy.

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m