Posted to uk.d-i-y
BartC BartC is offline

Default ATTN: Rod Speed - "soggy island"

"jgharston" wrote in message
Bill Wright wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
How much does it cost per litre or per cubic metre?

I don't have the exact figure but I should guess it's more for a cubic
metre than for a litre.

God's Own Water costs £1.33 per cubic litre, 0.133p per litre
according to my current bill.

Does that include sewerage charges? Also charged per cubic metre. (Total
about £2.50/m3 around here.)

And there's a standing charge which usually comprises 50% of my bill with my
usual consumption. So effectively about £5/m3 or just over 2p a gallon.

(To illustrate how much that is, if I turn my kitchen tap on full -- 15
litres/min -- that's about £4.50/hour. Equivalent to turning on 15 2kW fan
heaters all at once! How did opening a tap get that expensive?!

The figures include the standing charge, so the unit cost goes down the more
I use, but not by that much. But it goes up if I use less: if I only use 1
litre in a particular month, that will cost me £12!)

--
Bartc