Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default OT Apprentices must really like bollockings

On 2012-03-13, Clive George wrote:

On 13/03/2012 13:56, David wrote:

I think Adam's apprentice was correct. Looking at the on-line Highway
Code, rule 99
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAn...code/DG_069855

it does state that if the front passenger is aged 14 and over, then the
passenger is responsible.

He's correct in that regard, yes, we all agree about that. However the
apprentice wasn't right about Adam not being able to make him - Adam's
perfectly at liberty to insist that his passengers belt up, and if they
don't to make them get out and walk/lose their job/whatever.

I agree with the other Adam for another reason (as practised & taught
by my parents): my own safety. In a collision, an unbuckled passenger
bouncing around in my car is a hazard to me & the other passengers.