Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT - Food for a year

On Mar 13, 8:31*am, "Robert Green" wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:43:32 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

I just accidently ran aross a Sam's Club advertisement for "Food
Storage Kit - 1 year - 4 people" for under $3,000" . *Just what I
never needed, since there are two of us, that would last us 2 years
and I don't think I could live for 2 years hiding in an underground
bunker..

Have you seen the new TV shows about Doomsday Preppers? *I'm sure a
lot of people will get all riled up and want to stash away a huge
supply. *Interesting group of people.

I am sure the channel broadcasting the program will soon be selling prepper
food and other bomb-shelter gear on its website. )-:

I was disappointed to learn that one of the reasons that the value of
everything on shows like "American Pickers" might be so highly inflated is
that they resell the stuff they find on the Internet. *It's like Gordon
Ramsay's shows looking for chefs. *Those shows give him a source for both
new chefs and their new dishes for his string of restaurants. *And it allows
him to generate PR for his restaurant, Hell's Kitchen. *What a great deal.
You get new chefs with new ideas and get to torture test them while
generating PR. *If their was an oink involved, he'd be putting it to use,
too. *He's personally offensive but one hell of a marketer and
self-promoter.

I'm waiting for "American Home Surgeon." *I can hear the promos now:

"In order to beat the high cost of medical care and surgery, we've found DIY
Americans willing to teach themselves surgery at home. *Tonight, Joe Smith
performs a tubal ligation on his promiscuous daugter to keep her from
getting pregnant. *After spiking her morning OJ with Rufinals, he applies
anesthesia, a series of cans of ether-based engine starters applied via
diving snorkel. *He then sets to work with an Exacto #4 chisel-point knife
and a pair of knitting needles. *Joe says: "Yes, the cat I practiced on died
a horrible death from sepsis, but her Fallopian tubes were way too small to
see clearly. *I'm sure I'll get it right this time!"

Total savings over inflated hospital costs: *$12,000.

--
Bobby G.

Heh! Heh! Excellent.