Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: computer question

In article om, "Lee
Michaels" says...

All this old computer nostalgia...

Remember the big debate when mice came out? I remember reading about mice
and thought they were a good idea. Every one I knew and many authors were
all upset. They claimed that anything a mouse could do, you could do faster
with some kinda command using control and alt keys. I got a mouse and a lot
folks thought I sold out. A couple years later, all computers were sold
with mice. And a lot of the old farts reluctantly bought them because the
new software required them.

Well, for selecting commands from menus and such the keyboard is
faster. The trouble is you gotta learn the commands.

Also, remember graphic cards? I remember the old IBM monochrome monitor.
Text only. The Hercules card allowed graphics on a monochrome monitor.
Very primitive, but a genuine graphic. Son all monitors were capable of
graphics. Again, a big shift from monochrome text only monitors to graphics
monitors, card and software.

And I remember an IBM salesman making a big deal of the "megapixel
display". Now most TV sets are two megapixel.