Posted to uk.d-i-y
js.b1 js.b1 is offline

Default Rising main

Some performance specs...

Tested against Water Industry Standard 4-37-01.
- Resistant to temperatures at 0oC for at least two weeks
- Resistant to temperatures -15oC for a minimum of three days
- Test results being scrutinised by Water Research Centre (WRc) and
certified by the Water Regulation Advisiory Service (WRAS).

"In both these tests Groundbreaker exceeded the test requirement by
some considerable margin". I dislike marketing drivel like that, I
would much rather the WRAS report with actual test results be provided
- such as "0oC for 16 days" or "-15oC for 5 days".

Anyhow, for comparison 100yr winter did have average temperature below
0oC for some time and about 72hrs ranging -8oC to -22oC so average
probably did hit -15oC. So it looks like a "once in 150yr winter"
could produce conditions more severe than the test, but other than
that it looks ok and is certified by WRAS. I would still consider
heating tape if unoccupied, a couple of feet self-regulating does not
cost much... just don't make it solar powered :-))