Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ATTN: Rod Speed - "soggy island"

harry wrote:
On Mar 12, 3:36 pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/water-firms...e-bans-1229174...

Our water companies don't think we're soggy. They have to be the single most incompetent shower of useless people on the planet. A drought in the UK, a bloody ISLAND!!!! [Shakes head in disbelief]

If I lived down there, I'd leave the tap running 24/7 to teach them a lesson.

--http://petersparrots.comhttp://petersphotos.com

Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.

Have you never heard of a desert island?

(Harry: that stands for 'deserted island: I.e. uninhabited - a social
and cultural desert, like the town where you live: It doesn't mean its
dry ...)

There are plenty of islands have no rainfall.

Off hand I cannot recall a single one.

The Penguin islands are perhaps the driest islands I can think of.

You're actually pretty thick?

Its the way you tell em harry.

and how hard it is to achieve it.