Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default I got a problem:(

Han wrote:

Not true. Controlled studies (with volunteers from prisons) have been
fed up to 25 grams of salt per day with no adverse effects - excess
salt is simply excreted.

Salt does not CAUSE hypertension, it only exacerbates an existing
condition. Six percent of the population suffers from hypertension
and, of those, half have the kind that's made worse by excessive
salt. For the 97% of the remaining population, enjoy as much salt as
you like.

Isn't 25 grams less than 1 ounce? I was talking about a lot, like
kilos. I wouldn't want to eat that much ...

Oh, yeah. Sorry, I misunderstood. I often try to debunk the FDA's hysteria
that anything over 1 gram (based on NO empirical studies) is bad. Really
bad.