Posted to rec.woodworking
Ralph Compton Ralph Compton is offline

Default Planer question

To those who offered help and advice, thanks. I got the problem solved.
Simple, really. I rotated the blades.

Duh.

I was surprised they got so dull so fast but, then, they're just steel and I
suppose I have put more stock through the planer than I thought.

Suspect I need to have a couple sets of blades on hand. Changing the blades
around was really pretty simple. I had been dreading it but it isn't
difficult at all.

Anyway, the new edges cut like champs and I made about 2/3 bag of
shavings/chips for my DC with it.

Ralph (who still has lots to learn!)

"Ralph Compton" wrote in message
I'll try that tomorrow too. Thanks

Ralph

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
b.com...
"Ralph Compton" wrote in
m:

*snip*

I took a piece of rough sawn lumber, probably pine, dunno, about
1x12x24 and ran it through. Didn't look to me like very much came
off. Gave that up for now.

Take a pencil or even a piece of chalk and scribble across the face of
the
board. Plane and then look at the results. That will tell you exactly
where material was removed.

*snip*

Puckdropper
--