Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] piper@nohoo.com is offline

Default Follow-up on wet camera / May need battery

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 00:54:28 -0400, micky
wrote:

I've looked all over and I can find it listed in the Panasonic
catalog, but no price, no way to order. Under parts for this camera,
Panasonic only lists the obvious ones. The big removable battery, etc.
all at outrageous prices. Something like 60 dollars for the battery
for a 90 dollar camera. . Another place sells them but I'll be
surprised if they will sell just one. I've filled out their Request
for Quote. I"m going to start another thread right after this one,
just to deal with the battery.

This sounds like an awful lot of time and work for an older camera worth
$90. With the price coming down on digital cameras, you can buy a new
camera for $90 or less and they use standard AA batteries.

If you absolutely must have that model, look on ebay for another one.

If you had dried it immediately it may have been salvaged, but it was
allowed to corrode and rust, and it's likely junk now.
You can spend $60 on a battery and still not have a working camera.
Invest that money in a new camera.