Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default O/T: computer question

All this old computer nostalgia...

Remember the big debate when mice came out? I remember reading about mice
and thought they were a good idea. Every one I knew and many authors were
all upset. They claimed that anything a mouse could do, you could do faster
with some kinda command using control and alt keys. I got a mouse and a lot
folks thought I sold out. A couple years later, all computers were sold
with mice. And a lot of the old farts reluctantly bought them because the
new software required them.

Also, remember graphic cards? I remember the old IBM monochrome monitor.
Text only. The Hercules card allowed graphics on a monochrome monitor.
Very primitive, but a genuine graphic. Son all monitors were capable of
graphics. Again, a big shift from monochrome text only monitors to graphics
monitors, card and software.