Posted to uk.d-i-y
BartC BartC is offline

Default ATTN: Rod Speed - "soggy island"

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.wa203maeytk5n5@i7-940...
On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 23:25:42 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

It makes a lot more sense to just stop wasting the water when there is a
drought instead.

Or have enough dams so we can use what we want and enjoy ourselves.

Well I certainly don't want to pay several times what I do now for water, so
that other people can wash their cars and water their lawns. (I never wash
my car and never water my lawn.)

And only a hosepipe ban has been proposed so far. Nobody is going to die of
thirst. And the few people who grow things to eat in their garden, can use a
bucket or watering can.

And where are you going to put a dam in the Southeast anyway? The only river
of note is the Thames; even if the topography allowed it, we'd have to lose
quite a few towns in the Thames Valley area. I think those residents would
rather put up with a yellowy lawn for a few months (although there's no
indication the summer is going to be that dry).

--
Bartc