Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default ZCD with no Dflops

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:54:35 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:26:44 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:03:56 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 07:22:12 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

Build your circuit and hook it up to an infinite-persistance digital
scope. It will screw up on the order of once an hour.

---
That task doesn't fall on me, it falls on you since you're the one who
wants to prove me wrong.

It's a simple circuit and, if you don't make too many wiring mistakes,
should be up and running quickly.

You'll let us know how it goes, yes?

It's an ugly hairball, full of hazards, and you're an amateur. There's
no point in demonstrating the obvious.

---
If it's so obvious you should have been able to prove me wrong by now
but, instead, you've taken a couple of pratfalls yourself and are
afraid to build and test the circuit for fear that it'll vindicate my
approach and prove you wrong once again.

So, instead of taking the high road and practicing what you preach,
you revert to name-calling.

Typical Larkinese side-step.
---

I already have a much better, 3-part ZCD circuit that works without hazards.

---
Let's see a sim.

It's been posted, in a couple of variants, in s.e.d.

Since you will never believe me about async logic hazards, you might
google

logic race hazard

metastability

setup hold violation

asynchronous logic hazards

but you won't.

--

John Larkin, President Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer