Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default ZCD with no Dflops

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:03:56 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 07:22:12 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:13:29 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 12:57:04 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

You are hiding from the hazards because you don't want to see them.

---
You're either making up "hazards" because you don't want to admit that
you were wrong, or because you're too stupid - or blinded by your
colossal stubbornness - to see that they don't exist.
Which is it?
---

The people who wrote the CD4516 data sheet put the setup time
requirements there because they matter.

---
Really?

Knowing that, you should have realized that the setup time requirement
states how long data on the jam inputs has to be stable before the
leading edge of PE enters the chip.

The PE hold time requirement also matters, and is the amount of time
PE must remain true to successfully load the data at the jam inputs
into the Tflops.

That's all been previously discussed, and the timing diagram I posted
earlier clearly shows that there's no problem with loading the data
from the up-counter into the down-counter before the data on the
up-counter outputs changes.

So, I wonder, why are you dancing about spouting irrelevancies when
you could just ask for as much rope as you need?
---

Build your circuit and hook it up to an infinite-persistance digital
scope. It will screw up on the order of once an hour.

---
That task doesn't fall on me, it falls on you since you're the one who
wants to prove me wrong.

It's a simple circuit and, if you don't make too many wiring mistakes,
should be up and running quickly.

You'll let us know how it goes, yes?

It's an ugly hairball, full of hazards, and you're an amateur. There's
no point in demonstrating the obvious. I already have a much better,
3-part ZCD circuit that works without hazards.

--

John Larkin, President Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer