Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Dryer vents and gas meters...

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

On 3/12/2012 9:01 AM, Han wrote:
Jim wrote in
:

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 19:09:34 -0700, wrote:

On 11 Mar 2012 21:34:04 GMT, wrote:

If you had a gas leak in your house, could you get to the meter
quickly to shut it off?

If I had a bad gas leak, I'd leave the house and call 911 from a
safe distance.

Folks, we have a winner.

+1 [but have to ask. . . are there *good* gas leaks?]

Jim

Ok, English is my second language - I was going for the idiomatic
"bad leak" meaning much more than just a little bit of leaking.

Han my friend, if you didn't grow up speaking English, you sure do a
lot better with it than many of those who have. ^_^

TDD

Thank you! I do appreciate that compliment. I must admit that I have
experience speaking English since 1967 when I was assigned (I requested
it) to an American to do research on blood platelets for my Biochemistry
masters degree. Since coming to the US in 1969, I have helped write and
have written many grant applications, most of which were (eventually)
funded. For that to have happened my English would have to have been
acceptable to the reviewers, not just the science behind the words.

--
Best regards
Han