Posted to uk.d-i-y
Unbeliever[_3_] Unbeliever[_3_] is offline

Default Quick Intro

bosaka wrote:
I am new to this site and mainly I need it for my job to gather
information. I am interested in anything to do with caulking guns as I
will be trying to sell them. So the more I know about what products
are good and what products are bad the better I will become.

Why don't you simply nip over to a couple of building sites and ask those
that use them - or is that too easy or are you just bone idle to do so?

As for selling them! There are quite a few builders, plumbers, painters and
PVCu merchants doing that at the moment for almost a pittance - so unless
you can produce a good-quality, easy to use and long-lasting caulking gun
for around 50pence trade, then forget it.

Obviously I search around but I am amazed at the lack of basic data
like weight, strength, life expectancy, cost over quality etc, etc.

Weight of gun = usually light
Strength of gun = usually weak
Life Expectancy of gun = normally short
Cost of gun - usually as cheap as possible
Cost over quality etc... = don't know, they either keep breaking or some
******* steals them

The other thing I like to know about are other uses of the guns for
work or just for fun.

Well they certainly don't get bought (or pinched) for fun" (and they're
impossible to use as water pistols BTY [ARWadsworths not the only one to
have employed half-baked apprentices]) - as for work, it always was a
problem to get them to work properly (caulking guns and sometimes the
workers themselves as well).

Yes I am bored, and it has been some time since I got off my bum and had a
look in here so..................

All the best chaps (and any ladies looking in)!