Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default O/T: computer question

On 3/11/2012 9:46 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 16:06:39 -0500, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/11/2012 2:09 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:

NOT ME! I am just itching for Festool to come out with a computer. ;~)

Don't hold your breath Leon. Rumor has it no supplier is willing to paint a
perfectly good cabinet that "green" color.

They say it makes it look too much like a... sander.

Actually,......

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-m18x/pd.aspx

No fair! They're using green LEDs, not green paint.

My first comp was a $950 80286-12MHz screamer with two 5.25 floppies
and a 10MB hard drive. I added a 20MB hard drive the next year for
only $300. I think the comp came with 284k and I later upgraded to
640k and started using DesqVIEW to multitask with it. That was so
-cool- at the time! I adopted Windows 3.0 shortly thereafter and
probably saw 28,000 Blue Screens of Death before Win 3.1 came out and
fixed most of that. Remember Norton Editor and Norton Commander? Ol
Bill was truly a DOS God back then, before he sold his soul to
SlymeAntics.

--
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.

My first computer was also a TI99/4a with a total of 16kb of ram. I
wrote my first basic program on a TI-99/4a. It was a very basic
spreadsheet that filled up the memory the first time I ran it. I
purchased a spreadsheet for it and used it to develop my departments
budget. It was better that a paper spreadsheet.

I up graded to a PC Junior, and finally to an Ambra (IBM) I ran IBM OS/2
on it for years.

An interesting side light. When I got the Ambra we were installing the
LAN for the company I worked for. Our first LAN software was OS/2 which
we ran for many trouble free years. At one point we had to upgrade to a
newer version of OS/2. One of the engineer who had worked there for 4
years got wind of what we were doing and came storming over wanting to
know why were installing such a bad piece of software. We told him he
had been using the "bad" software for 4 years and he never had a
problem. He left quietly.