Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison Phil Addison is offline

Default Canon XL1 camcorder - tape won't eject

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 18:13:21 +0000, John Williamson
wrote:

On 11/03/2012 01:27, Phil Addison wrote:

Now, has anyone taken one of these beasts to bits or got a maintenance
manual?

The Canon user manual, as you've found, isn't much help, but users of
the XL2 have found that either taking the battery out overnight and/ or
gently pushing the "push" marking on the cassette cover while
simultaneously firmly moving and holding the eject slide has worked.

If you're *really* unlucky, the tape gets tangled up in the transport.

Thanks John, I have tried various combinations of battery in or out,
taking out the CR25 backup battery as well and leaving to reset the
system. Also putting the battery in whilst the eject slider is held open
as all to no avail. Hopefully the tape isn't tangled as the cassette
has not wound at all since I put it in. First thing I tried after

Phil