Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default O/T: computer question

Mike Marlow wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:

He's looking for a status symbol. A quad core machine with 8 gig
ram, a terabyte of disk, and a reasonably fancy video board can be
had from Best Buy for about 800 bucks.

I know that we're all aware of this, but sometimes it still amazes me at how
the prices of computer hardware have plumetted so much. I remember when I
was with EMC back in the mid-90s and a terabyte of storage was a million
dollar investment. Granted - that was more than just a terabyte of disk,
but still...

Yes, I agree that my recollection of prices that I have paid for stuff
in the past makes it easier to buy new hardware. I haven't jointed the
Apple I-gang, however. I just made that term up. Let me know if,
somehow, a definition is needed.