Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default O/T: computer question

On 3/11/2012 10:24 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 10:20:23 -0500, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/11/2012 6:18 AM, HeyBub wrote:
Bill wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
whit3rd wrote:
On Tuesday, March 6, 2012 9:45:14 PM UTC-8, wrote:
I just got a new laptop, delivered today. One big problem; the
box was crushed.

I am looking for a program like the old "Burn In" and "PC Test"
that we used to use ...

Why? You didn't buy the box, you bought the computer. And, if
it isn't visibly physically damaged, and has normal
disk/screen/keyboard functions, why would you want to test things
(like memory)
that AREN'T particularly likely to take stress/shock damage?

Discard the packaging and enjoy the computer; life's too short to
agonize over imaginary problems.

He bought the computer at retail from Tiger Direct.
People who do that do not think like most of us.

Please help me translate that last sentence.

Uh, okay. Sorry for the "whoosh" factor.

It seems to me that most participants here are interested in price. A new
computer costs, well, a lot and often you're paying for the newest
technology that's not really necessary.

NOT ME! I am just itching for Festool to come out with a computer. ;~)

Yeah, just trade in that old house you're living in for one, complete
with internal dust collection and Festool green LEDs.

--
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.

The old house I am living in is 1 year old last Christmas.