Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default If Scotland gets independence

Nick Odell wrote:
On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 15:04:13 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:

Windmill wrote:

But we're currently paying in part for London's Olympics, which
will make a profit for London as a result of the tourism, but
will do little or nothing for Scotland.
Or Yorkshire! They should have had the Olympics nationwide, using
the facilities already existing.

My main thoughts are for the small business thrown off their
premises in East London, just for a silly sport event. It's an
outrage.

We shouldn't have had the olympics at all.

We may have beaten the French on 25 October 1415 but they certainly
had their revenge on 6 July 2005

I know exactly where I was when the results for the 2012 olympics were
announced.

I was in a police car about to get a ticket for driving with a smashed
windcreen and I managed to talk the officer into only giving me a
rectification notice. It was the officer of Police Interceptors with the
lisp that stopped me:-)

--
Adam