Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Don't assume...

I've never owned anything like this asian machine, but I've heard to
consider them a work in progress. Sounds like you just proved it.

That's not to say old american iron don't need repair. I've had my
Excello CNC mill for 18 years and it wasn't a virgin when I bought it.
I went through the knee and table last year, adding a power knee ball
screw. Right now, I'm rebuilding the spindle with new bearings. I
still need to replace a lower seal in the head to get rid of an
annoying oil leak. When I'm done the old girl will be a prom queen
again.

Karl