Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default destroying data CDs?

Adam Funk wrote:

I wouldn't think the microwave would be a problem. I use a cross-cutting
shredder for cds, it's less of problem than any other disposal method.
However I think the shredder cost around £700 so it's not a home use
option.

Yes, way out of my budget.

And mine, fortunately my clients are keen on destroying media thoroughly
once they have finished with them.

In the past the technique used was a propane torch and a firebrick
hearth to melt down CDs and Hard Disk platters.

With a good way to clear the cyanide & other fumes, I hope.

Done in the open air, so plenty of ventilation.