Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Screwdriver with neon electricity tester

In message op.way02ks5ytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 20:07:41 -0000, ARWadsworth
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
I sometimes touch the live quickly by brushing it with my finger, so
if it is live I'll just get a tingle. Or touch the live and neutral
(or earth) together so if it is live then I'll just get a big spark
and blow the fuse.

That is proof that you are a first class knobhead.

No, it's a good way to check, without requiring further tools, which
are undoubtedly in a toolbox at the other end of the house.

You are joking of course, no sane person deliberately sets out to get an
electric shock or to blow a circuit.

But joking about it is not a good idea, someone may actually take you at
your word and try it.

--
Bill