Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rat Suck, I mean, rat shack

That sounds reasonable, from what I've seen.

The concept of customer service has really been lacking.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message

Last couple times I visited rat shop before they vanished:

- I needed a small soldering iron in a bit of a rush so went in,
picked up the item and stood in front of the sales terminal. The only
other person in the store was fiddling with something near the
entrance, after several minutes I asked "do you work here?", the reply
"I am figuring out how to program this new cell phone", my response
"well if that is more important than accepting payment for
merchandise, I will take the item as a gift and leave" - "Hang on a
minute and I will get to you" Being slightly honest I waited.

- I needed some batteries so went there because they were close. As I
entered the lone staff (not the same one) greeted me " good evening
sir, may I help you?", " yes, I need a couple of double A NiCads",
"What are those?" I found what I needed, paid and left.

Shortly after, all Rat Shops became "The Source" then most closed, I
think there is one left somewhere in town.