Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default lost my balls, need bearings

You need a good interchange chart to double check but in all likelyhood
the first 2 on your list are simply #206 in Barden and something like
2mm9206 in fafnir for example.

http://www.ntnamerica.com/product-su...rchange-search

The last few digits (IE the "ctc/c7xx" ) part of the bearing are
generally not important for the purposes of a spindle bearing--main thing
needed being physical size ( ID OD and thinckness ) and actual contact
angle.

Can you tell me how to measure the contact angle on my existing
bearings by chance? here's the chart i got from the above link with
the numbers off the bearing itself (SKF7206 B G)

http://www.ntnamerica.com/products/b...id=RBSRA&ctc=B

It gives me the code for contact angle not the actual number

Reason I ask, I found this in a fafnir 3M (25 degree contact angle)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAFNIR-3MM20...em4cfadc db80

Sounds like a really good bearing pair

Thanks for your help, I'm studying this.

Karl