Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

On 2012-03-09, Bob wrote:

We don't do assembly any more, but that may return soon (probably
ARM).

Damn those phones/tablets, eh?

I've just done a mobile security course, which involved a certain
amount of ARM assembly hacking. It was huge fun and gave me nice warm
feelings of nostalgia, since I last did any assembly programming about
30 years ago. It was amusing when the trainer asked if anyone in the
class had done any assembly programming before - I was the only person
who had. One or two of the less techie people present didn't even know
what it was ...

;-) Rather like talking with IMB mid range / mainframe types who seem
convinced that Assembler (note the capital A!) can only be known to
hallowed IBM programmers, and can't seem to get their heads round the
fact that every processor has a low level assembly language...

IBM did a lot of using generic terms for their products....

- PC
- JCL
- VM
- Assembler