Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

On 10/03/2012 09:59, Huge wrote:
On 2012-03-09, Bob wrote:

We don't do assembly any more, but that may return soon (probably ARM).

Damn those phones/tablets, eh?

I've just done a mobile security course, which involved a certain amount
of ARM assembly hacking. It was huge fun and gave me nice warm feelings
of nostalgia, since I last did any assembly programming about 30 years ago. It
was amusing when the trainer asked if anyone in the class had done any assembly
programming before - I was the only person who had. One or two of the less
techie people present didn't even know what it was ...

;-) Rather like talking with IMB mid range / mainframe types who seem
convinced that Assembler (note the capital A!) can only be known to
hallowed IBM programmers, and can't seem to get their heads round the
fact that every processor has a low level assembly language...

--
Cheers,

John.